So, recently I realized that I enjoy perusing the blogs and websites of interesting women--often moms--who make art, read books, love their children like mad and view the world through a lens that could be considered slightly askew. After many hours spent reviewing and considering their sites two things happened: my favorites list bloomed out of control and I acknowledged that what I like in them is what I want for me.
It is time for me to find my way back to my musings. I've been writing like a mad woman, trying to get a novel finished, but what about everything else?
2006-that was the last time I sat down and wrote. I was barely pregnant, about to start my third year of teaching and wanting more creativity. Three years later, I have a two-year-old and still desire a more creative life. So, why now and why here? Two reasons really: Now, because there is no better time to hold myself accountable to the things that make me happy and here, because I'd already started something three years ago. I'm a big fan of returning to projects that didn't take off the first time I tried them. This time, my creativity is my project.Vision: recipes, craft projects, writing, life in general.
Bravely ahead, then.
No comments:
Post a Comment